Position: Centre Manager
Employer: Incupharm DAC
Commencement Date: February/March 2019
Contract Duration: Up to 3 years
Reporting to: The Incupharm Board
Applications are invited for the post of Incupharm Centre Manager located at WorkLAB Waterford.
Incupharm DAC is a life science enterprise development centre funded through Enterprise Ireland Regional Enterprise Development Fund. The company will provide business development services and laboratories to support the creation and commercialisation of life science businesses, including the delivery of business development programmes and workspaces for entrepreneurs and related services including training, mentoring and peer-to-peer collaboration.
We seek a dynamic and motivated individual with the necessary skills and experience to manage the development of Incupharm. This will include the development of physical wet lab facilities, attracting ambitious life science start-ups and established SMEs to Incupharm and the promotion of Incupharm facilities. The role involves hands-on support and mentoring of early stage life science companies as well as operational management and marketing of Incupharm. The person will play a critical role in facilitating interactions between the life sciences start-ups, established SMEs and the regional life sciences community. The Incupharm Manager is also a key interface with stakeholders including the Incupharm Board, support agencies, the private sector and the property owner WorkLAB.
The successful candidate will demonstrate strong leadership traits and an ability to think both strategically and creatively. The ideal candidate will have the necessary scientific and business knowledge to support the development of the laboratories, recruitment of life science companies as clients and to facilitate collaboration between entrepreneurs, industry partners, regional 3rd Level Institutes and support agencies. The Centre Manager will have a proven ability to generate leads, develop research-based proposals and sales presentations and a record of driving new sales opportunities within target market segments.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide leadership and direction for the development of Incupharm.
- The manager will manage Incupharm to develop opportunities for the Centre by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business relationships with potential life science companies.
- The Incupharm Centre Manager will support the growth and acceleration of the Incupharm start-ups by directly working with the start-ups on the topics related to accelerating their business growth.
- Develop networks of contacts with life science entrepreneurs, SME businesses, professional service providers and support agencies and 3rd Level Institutions, positioning Incupharm as a focal hub for innovation in life sciences in the southeast region.
- Develop innovative partnerships with multi-national companies and SMEs integrating Incupharm and its programs and activities into the life sciences eco-system of the southeast region.
- Develop and execute a 3-year business and operating plan for Incupharm ensuring that good financial practices are implemented and a high quality of service is delivered to clients.
- Recruitment, vetting and management of tenants with innovative, high growth potential life science businesses.
- Facilitate collaboration between Incupharm clients and stakeholders in the southeast region.
- Develop and implement laboratory and incubation centre policies and procedures in line with best practice nationally and internationally, in compliance with Health and Safety regulations.
- Enhance the Incupharm ecosystem by deepening the integration with other life science innovation and development programmes at regional and national level.
- Facilities management including IT, electrics, etc. are compliant with Worklab’s procedure and maintaining professional relations with the Worklab’s management.
- Provide introductions and networking opportunities for Incupharm client companies.
- Generating reports for the Board to comply with conditions of the funding bodies.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Board.
Degree in a science related discipline
Postgraduate degree in a science or business-related discipline
Minimum of five years’ experience in scientific environment.
Experience of business management.
Experience in manufacturing operations or laboratory management.
Experience of project management.
Ten years’ experience in life science environment.
Experience in life science product development and/or intellectual property development.
Experience in setting-up and managing laboratories.
Direct start-up experience or mentoring of life science, start-up/scaling companies.
Personal Attributes, Competencies, Knowledge and Skills
Ability to operate at strategic and operational levels and develop Incupharm’s strategic vision. Planning of short and medium terms goals and their effective delivery.
Excellent networking, interpersonal and communication skills (ideally with strong existing networks within life sciences community) with the ability to influence stakeholders at all levels.
Demonstrated ability to manage the needs of many stakeholders.
The salary attaching to this post is €60,000 – €70,000 pa, depending on experience, for a contract duration of up to 3 years.
The Incupharm Centre Manager position is based at WorkLAB, IDA Business Park, Waterford, Ireland, X91 DC96. The person will be required to travel in connection with the job.
Applications must be made via email to Incupharm@worklab.ie.
Please ensure that you use the reference ‘Incupharm Centre Manager’ in the subject line of your application email and include following as attachments:
- a) A short (i.e. no more than 2 pages) cover letter/ personal statement outlining why you wish to be considered for the post and where you believe your skills and experience meet the requirements of this position.
- b) A CV detailing your qualifications and all relevant experience relating to this role.
Please note that hard copy applications will not be accepted.
Incupharm will shortlist only those applicants who appear from the information available, to be the most suitable, in terms of experience, qualifications and other requirements of the post.
Closing Date of Advert: 16:00 on January 25, 2019. Note that late applications will not be accepted.
Incupharm is an equal opportunities employer.